Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Accounting Assistant to join our Toronto office.
Position: Accounting Assistant
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Primary Objective: To provide accounting support while maintaining accuracy and efficiency within the department.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position include:
- Assisting the Project Accountant and Senior Accountant with full cycle Accounts Payable duties for multiple business units.
- Processingmonthly rent invoices across all offices, contractor invoicesand other vendor invoices
- Reimbursing and tracking employee expenses and management corporate visas.
- Verifying, coding and entering subcontractor invoices
- Administering payment for subcontractors which involves gathering required documentation and vendor follow-up
- Gathering and maintaining information for specific projects to satisfy PST requirements
- Adding project information to the Company’s internal database for time sheet entry
- Training new employee’s on the timesheet entry process and finalizing the timesheet set up for new hires.
- Coordinating reimbursable billings
- Completing journal entries for some corporate expense allocation.
- Assisting Senior Accountant with mailing of invoices and other duties
- Updating and maintaining monthly spreadsheets for corporate expenses to be billed in milestones for large scale projects
- Entering Purchase Orders
- Updating and maintaining change orders
- Maintaining spreadsheet to track bonds
- Scanning backup for journal entries and yearend
- Depositing cheques and applying cash receipts
- Yearend transition of files and setting up files for new fiscal year
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar accounting role OR a combination of relevant co-op experience and a College Diploma in Accounting or Finance or related discipline
- Accounts payable experience in a professional services environment such as Engineering, Legal, Urban Planning, Construction, Development or a related industry, is preferable. A combination of relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
- Intermediate proficiency with Adobe Reader and PDF Editor
- Previous hands on experience with InFocus and Jonas or a similar accounting program would be an asset
The ideal candidate:
- Is well organized, proactive, and hard-working and should be able to multi–task in a fast–paced environment.
- Has strong organizational and planning skills with prioritizing and multi-tasking abilities to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Has excellent attention to detail, is eager to learn and is comfortable communicating with various departments within the company and levels of the organization
- Is flexible to work outside of core hours when business needs dictate
- Possesses a high degree of integrity, honesty and commitment to professionalism
Job Specific Competencies:
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing complex situations and information to understand issues identify options and support sound decision making.
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner.
Client Focus – Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients.
Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance.
Decision Making – Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity.
Information Gathering and Processing – Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information.
Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them.
Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effect and efficient way.
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goal
Interested applicants please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.