Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than a decade and a half MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Administrative Assistant to join our Toronto office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, team based working environment.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Primary Objective: To provide administrative and professional support to clients, partners, project managers and other internal staff.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position include;
- A wide variety of administrative duties as assigned, including composition of letters, preparation of memos, minutes, reports, correspondence and presentations, formatting of specifications.
- Assist with the development of project documentation which may include the production of proposals, RFI’s and RFQ’s.
- Other general administrative duties including data entry and tracking, filing, copying, pdfing etc.
- Provide administrative support to all departments and office operations
- Maintain organized electronic filing systems to ensure business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation are readily available
- Research and review new project opportunities using relevant websites and literature.
- Provide reception relief duties, including managing incoming calls, greeting visitors and courier arrangements
- Maintain a professional image and demeanour with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times
- Overtime as required.
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- The ideal candidate has a degree or diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration, Administrative Assistant Program or related discipline
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years of experience in an administrative position or similar support role ideally in the engineering or construction industry
- Experience in a support role for the Legal, Insurance, Urban Planning, Architecture or other Professional Services would also be considered
- Ability to adhere to task-related procedures and standards and demonstrate flexibility in handling heavy workload
- Must possess strong technical skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at the intermediate level to advanced level
- Proposal writing experience would
- Ability to prioritize and to complete tasks independently
- Demonstrated ability to deal with situations and issues proactively and persistently
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow
- Able to work well independently as well as in a team setting
- Excellent Writing, Communication and Organizational skills
- A professional, enthusiastic attitude and pleasant demeanour is a must!
Core Competencies for the Role:
Initiative – Ability to deal with situations proactively, persistently, and seizing opportunities that arise
Using Information Technology – Ability to use software and information technology to accomplish one’s work
Achievement Orientation – Ability to exceed expectations by focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards
Attention to Detail – Ability to work in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Teamwork – Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals while proactively assisting and involving others
Resilience – Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
Interactive Communication – Ability to listen to others and communicate articulately, fostering open and two-way communication
Client Focus – Ability to provide excellent service to internal and/or internal clients
Results Management – Ability to manage and use resources effectively to achieve planned goals
Interested applicants please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.