Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than a decade and a half MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Administrative Coordinator to join our Toronto office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, team based working environment.
Position: Administrative Coordinator
Primary Objective: The main responsibilities of the Administrative Coordinator include developing and preparing responsive but customized proposals, presentations and any requests for information for our MCW Consultants team. The proposal writer will work closely with Engineers, Project Managers, Associates and Partners to develop the final product. The incumbent is responsible for quality control on all documentation delivered to customers.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position include;
- Formatting and assembling proposal content, memos and letters using Microsoft Office Suite.
- General administrative duties as assigned including: data entry and tracking, composition of letters, preparation of memos, minutes, reports, correspondence and presentations, formatting of specifications.
- Document management tasks: filing, copying, pdfing etc.
- Maintain organized electronic filing systems to ensure business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation are readily available.
- Creating, maintaining and updating a corporate library of proposal content, specialized topic material and best in class RFP responses
- Ensuring adherence to instructions and deadlines in solicitations and Requests for Information as well as unsolicited and informal proposals
- Providing quality assurance on proposal packages and other documents.
- Comfortable corresponding with engineers and other industry professionals via email and over the phone.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of new solutions and proposal ideas
- Managing production, packaging and delivery process to ensure timely submission of documents
- Assisting Subject Matter Experts with material development by assisting in gathering and sorting information, determining the most logical flow of material, and editing and formatting the final document
- Provide proposal and administrative support to all departments and office operations
- Maintain organized electronic filing systems to ensure business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation are readily available
- Research and review new project opportunities using relevant websites and literature.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanour with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times
- Provide reception relief coverage for 1 hour a day.
- Overtime as required.
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a similar role in a construction, engineering, architecture or urban planning environment is preferred.
- Experience providing administrative support to an office of 50-100 staff is preferred.
- The ideal candidate has a degree or diploma in Business Administration or a related discipline.
- A combination of a degree or diploma in a related field and relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex ideas into understandable language
- Strong ability to research and understand technical concepts to relay technical information accurately
- Must be able to handle constructive feedback necessary for clarity of proposals and publications
- Ability to adhere to task-related procedures and standards and demonstrate flexibility in handling heavy workload with unpredictable schedules and deadlines
- Must possess strong technical skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at the intermediate level to advanced level
- Proficient in Adobe Suite and BlueBeam is a must
- Experience with document preparation and office administration in a professional environment is an asset.
- Ability to prioritize and to complete tasks independently
- Demonstrated ability to deal with situations and issues proactively and persistently
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow
- Able to work well independently as well as in a team setting
- Excellent Writing, Communicationm Multi-tasking and Organizational skills
- A professional, enthusiastic attitude and pleasant demeanour is a must!
Core Competencies for the Role:
Initiative – Ability to deal with situations proactively, persistently, and seizing opportunities that arise
Using Information Technology – Ability to use software and information technology to accomplish one’s work
Achievement Orientation – Ability to exceed expectations by focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards
Attention to Detail – Ability to work in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Teamwork – Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals while proactively assisting and involving others
Resilience – Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
Interactive Communication – Ability to listen to others and communicate articulately, fostering open and two-way communication
Client Focus – Ability to provide excellent service to internal and/or internal clients
Results Management – Ability to manage and use resources effectively to achieve planned goals
Interested applicants upload your cover letter and resume as one Pdf. document. Please label the document including your name, position title and office location (example: R.Smith_Administrative Coordinator Toronto.Pdf).
You may also apply in the requested format by sending your application to email@example.com. Please include the position title and location in the subject line of the email
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.