Building Automation Systems Engineer
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
MCW Custom Energy Solutions is a leading Canadian Energy Services Company (ESCO). We deliver Engineered Single Source energy management services and Performance Guaranteed programs to institutional, educational, industrial, commercial and residential clients. We offer a complete range of energy management services from facility audits through implementation and training to on-going monitoring of savings.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
MCW Custom Energy Solutions, is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Building Automation Systems (BAS) Engineer, to join the Toronto Office. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in pursuing a career in environmental energy savings and is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a fast paced engineering consultancy.
Position: Building Automation Systems (BAS) Engineer.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Site evaluation of new and existing controls systems.
- Developing Building Automation and Control Solutions concepts for new construction or retrofit applications.
- Designing automation solutions for building HVAC, fire protection, lighting and electrical/mechanical system integration.
- Evaluate and specify mechanical and electrical metering solutions.
- Develop networking specifications and strategies with a strong focus on integration of various control technologies.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of control solutions and software applications including programming languages and graphically representation.
- Prepare costing and project budgets.
- Project management duties including responsibility for the design and execution of automation projects.
- Provide construction administration duties, shop drawing submittals and documentation review.
- Ensuring professional quality services to clients.
- Working closely with project teams towards the completion of project deliverables within given timelines.
- Analysis of engineering design problems and implementation of solutions.
- Completing technical reports and other documentation.
- Supporting other departments in growing the business.
Qualifications, Experience and Education
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- P.Eng designation is preferred
- HVAC and building services background.
- Experience working in a fast paced engineering firm.
- Ideally 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Familiarity with the use of computer based design tools including AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience working with customers and client base.
- Experience working in a team based environment.
- Experience in site investigations and construction review.
- Experience in the controls integration field and working with networking standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Team and customer service-focused.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
In order to be successful in this position, the candidate will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Attention to Detail- Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Continuous Learning- Identifying and addressing learning and development needs to enhance own performance
Analytical Thinking- Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making
Interactive Communication- Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication
Problem Solving-Identifying problems and the solutions to them
Writing Skills - Ability to communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact
Interested applicants please apply online or send your application to email@example.com including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.