Since 1964 the MCW Group of companies have built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than a decade and a half MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking CAD Operator to join our Moncton New Brunswick office.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: CAD Operator
LOCATION: Moncton, New Brunswick
Responsible for the preparation of engineering design drawings using AutoCAD 2015 and ensuring that drawings conform to corporate CAD standards.
- Prepare construction drawings as directed by Project Engineer, Job Captain and Design Technologist
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
- Assist with the development and preparation of design sketches
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to corporate CAD standards
- Perform general duties as required such as printing/plotting, submitting drawings to Technologist, Design Technologist, Job Captain and completing mark-ups for ‘as builts’ and in turn updating MCW records
- All duties to be performed accurately and efficiently in order to deliver quality product/service on schedule
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
- Overtime as required
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- The position requires the incumbent to have competence with a variety of computer software including high proficiency with AutoCAD 2015; experience with Visio and Revit is an asset
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Proficiency in current version of AutoCAD.
- Completion of a college program in Drafting considered an asset.
- Knowledge received from previous work experience in a similar positon considered and asset.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Mechanical and Electrical knowledge would be an asset
- Ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure on either single or multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Team and client-focused
Interested applicants please apply online or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including “CAD Operator Moncton” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.