The MCW Group of Companies is a multidisciplinary national engineering consulting firm who have built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. Through our AGE Power Consultants division, we specialize in providing Transmission and Distribution substation and line design together with Project Management services for the utility, industrial, commercial and institutional market places.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking CAD Operator to join our Vancouver British Columbia office.
Position: CAD Operator
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Prepare construction drawings as directed by Project Engineer, Job Captain and Design Technologist
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
- Assist with the development and preparation of design sketches
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to corporate CAD standards
- Perform general duties as required such as printing/plotting, submitting drawings to Technologist, Design Technologist, Job Captain and completing mark-ups for ‘as builts’ and in turn updating MCW records
- All duties to be performed accurately and efficiently in order to deliver quality product/service on schedule
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
- Overtime as required
- The position requires the incumbent to have competence with a variety of computer software including high proficiency with AutoCAD; experience with Visio and Revit is an asset
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Power distribution knowledge is essential for the incumbent to be successful in this role.
- Completion of a college program in Drafting considered an asset.
- Knowledge received from previous work experience in a similar positon considered and asset.
Requirements and experience:
- Mechanical and Electrical knowledge would be an asset
- Ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure on either single or multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Team and client-focused
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Achievement Orientation – Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results to help others meet and exceed the organization’s standards
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner in order to recognize less obvious information
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to foster teamwork and achieve organizational goals
Using Information Technology – Using software and information technology to compliment one’s base knowledge in cases where limited information and resources are available to accomplish one's work
Resilience – Remaining energized and focused in the face of occasional ambiguity, change or strenuous work demands
Planning and Organizing – Developing, implementing, evaluating and adjusting own plans and activities to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources
Initiative – Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently by identifying the immediate action needed and seizing the opportunities that arise
Information Management – Demonstrating basic knowledge and ability and, with guidance using appropriate procedures to collect, organize, retrieve, maintain and disseminate information
Interested applicants please apply online or send your application to email@example.com including “CAD Operator Vancouver” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.