Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of power, lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Civil/Electrical Engineering Technologist to join our Winnipeg Office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry.
Position: Civil/Electrical Engineering Technologist
Location: Winnipeg, MB
- Provide design and construction support services to Electric and Gas Utility Clients and Developers for overhead and underground distribution projects including; new service connections, rebuilds and relocates of existing facilities, maintenance programs, customer build projects, and/or system improvement projects.
- Provide design/drafting, project and construction support services for substation expansion projects including both greenfield and brownfield developments, and commissioning support.
- Conduct field inspections, site survey investigations, and soil resistivity testing.
- Provide field inspection and test reports related to design work.
- Coordinate with stakeholders, including land owners, Transportation Authorities, Municipal Governments, Third Party Utilities, First Nations, etc. when required to complete the design assignments.
- Ensure that technical drawings meet the standards of MCW and their clients.
- Ensure that all duties are performed accurately and efficiently in order to deliver quality products/services on schedule
- Travel to work sites may be required from time to time.
- Overtime as required
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- A post-secondary diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with clients and co-workers in a clear, concise, and courteous fashion (oral and written).
- Exercise flexiblity in handling multiple assignments with changing priorities
- Experience reparing and submitting of permitting applications to a variety of third party stakeholders
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and successfully complete deliverables
- Strong attention to detail
- Team oriented and client-focused
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and PLS-CADD
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of Utility Geographic Information Systems (GIS) based design platforms such as GE Small World.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Familiarity in the use of enterprise systems for the preparation of work orders.
- Strong software skills are a key requirement, along with proficiency in mechanics of materials and applied physics and mathematics. Familiarity with electrical theory would be considered an asset.
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Achievement Orientation – Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results to help others meet and exceed the organization’s standards
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner in order to recognize less obvious information
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to foster teamwork and achieve organizational goals
Using Information Technology – Using software and information technology to compliment one’s base knowledge in cases where limited information and resources are available to accomplish one's work
Resilience – Remaining energized and focused in the face of occasional ambiguity, change or strenuous work demands
Planning and Organizing – Developing, implementing, evaluating and adjusting own plans and activities to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources
Initiative – Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently by identifying the immediate action needed and seizing the opportunities that arise
Information Management – Demonstrating basic knowledge and ability and, with guidance using appropriate procedures to collect, organize, retrieve, maintain and disseminate information
Interested applicants please apply online or send your application to email@example.com indicating the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.