Since 1964, the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy in the form of lighting, heating, and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies helps to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than a decade and a half MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Commissioning Specialist to join our Toronto office.
Position: HVAC Controls & Commissioning Specialist
Primary Objective: Under the direction of the Commissioning Lead, this position plays a key role in the development and implementation of commissioning services on building projects.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position include;
- Provide hands-on commissioning of building HVAC and Controls systems; including inspectional and functional testing of building automation systems
- Develop project-specific Commissioning Plans, contribute to the development of standardized commissioning processes and templates
- Prepare and review field reports on commissioning activities
- Prepare reports providing descriptions of building systems as well as maintenance procedures that affect energy consumption
- Interface with building owners and other technical staff to troubleshoot building operational and design issues
- Assist in the development of measurement, verification and monitoring methodologies to verify building performance
- Maintain existing client relationships and develop new client relationships
- Perform audits of existing building HVAC & Controls systems and identify energy savings opportunities
- Assist in the development of controls systems upgrades including new controls schematics, specifications, and sequences of operation
- Overtime as required
Qualifications, Experience, and Education:
- The ideal candidate has experience in the building design and construction industry, preferably in HVAC controls and/or building commissioning, HVAC or electrical consulting engineering, or as a building operator.
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Experience in Building Automation System (BAS) programming and commissioning an asset
- Strong understanding of HVAC controls principles and sequence of operation
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical and HVAC schematic drawings and diagrams
- LEED AP O+M and other related credentials are considered assets
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Effective leadership and motivational skills
- Problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of industry standards and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to deal with situations and issues proactively and persistently
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow
- Able to work well independently as well as in a team setting
Interested applicants, please send your application to email@example.com including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.