Distribution Station Designer
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
Through our AGE Power Consultants division, we specialize in providing transmission and distribution substation and line design together with Project Management services for the utility, industrial, commercial and institutional market places.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Distribution Station Designer to join our Toronto office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry.
Position: Distribution Station Designer
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Completing customer-driven station designs including protection and control, SCADA, communication, equipment specifications and bills of material, station layouts and grounding designs
- Delivering accurate single line diagrams, three-line diagrams, AC and DC schematics and cable and wire schedules
- Complying with utility and company standards in a manner consistent with good engineering and construction practices
- Performing modeling, analysis and studies using various software.
- Working within a variety of the drawing managements systems as determined by MCW and their clients
- Performed all duties accurately and efficiently in order to deliver quality products and services on schedule
- Overtime as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or equivalent, with 1-2 years or more of design experience in the electrical utility sector
- Strong software skills are a key requirement, along with proficiency in mechanics of materials, applied physics and electrical theory
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with clients and co-workers in clear, concise, and courteous fashion
- Exercise flexibility in handling multiple assignments with changing priorities
- Knowledge of survey tools, technology and methods is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Strong attention to detail
- Team and client-focused
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- The ideal candidate demonstrates a high energy level, is motivated and a team player
Interested applicants please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.