Electrical Designer - Tenant Improvements
Since 1964, the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating, and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies helps to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Electrical Designer to join our Toronto office. Located just minutes from Union Station, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career.
Position: Electrical Designer - Tenant Improvement Department
Location: Toronto, ON
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating and designing construction documentation within our tenant department; projects include smaller commercial spaces, retail and institutional buildings
- Coordinating with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness
- Working with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion
- Reviewing architectural, interior designs and structural drawings
- Working with contractors and responding to technical inquiries
- Providing technical and administrative support through all phases of the project
- Helping to establish and promote client relationships
- Coordinating with internal production teams
- Striving to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished products to clients.
- Attend site meetings and communicate directly with clients to complete the project from start to finish
Qualifications, Experience, and Education:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Minimum 2+ years relevant working experience in tenant fit-outs
- Background developing construction documents using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Familiar with bid and tendering process
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Experience in site investigations and construction review.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Team and customer service-focused.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
Interested applicants, please send your application to email@example.com including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.