Electrical Distribution Technologist
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of power, lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking self-motivated, hardworking Electrical Distribution Technologist to join our Vancouver office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry.
Position: Electrical Distribution Technologist
Location: Vancouver, BC
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide design and construction support services to Electric Utility Clients and Developers for overhead and underground distribution projects including; new service connections, rebuilds and relocates of existing facilities, maintenance programs, customer build projects, and/or system improvement projects.
- Provide design, project and construction support services to Electric Utility Clients for substation expansion projects including both greenfield and brownfield developments, and commissioning support.
- Provide design studies and field inspection and test reports for protection, control, and metering, arcflash, and grounding systems.
- Provide field inspection, site survey investigations, and ground impedance testing when required.
- Meet with clients and stake holders, including land owners, MoTI, Municipal Government, First Nations, Fisheries, etc. when required to complete the design assignments.
- Participate in diverse project teams including provincial, municipal and city road and highway departments, developers, line contractors, surveyors and other stakeholders
- Strong software skills are a key requirement, along with proficiency in mechanics of materials, applied physics and electrical theory
- Working within a variety of the drawing managements systems as determined by MCW and their clients
- Work with company and client standards as applicable
- All duties to be performed accurately and efficiently in order to deliver quality product/service on schedule
- Duties may require periodic travel to work sites for varying periods of time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Overtime as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma from an accredited institution or equivalent, with three years or more of related work experience
- Must possess a valid British Columbia driver’s license
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with clients and co-workers in clear, concise, and courteous fashion
- Exercise flexiblity in handling multiple assignments with changing priorities
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Strong attention to detail
- Team and client-focused
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- The ideal candidate demonstrates a high energy level, is motivated and a team player
It would be advantageous if the candidate has experience in:
- Working with BC Hydro’s DAD and Passport systems.
- Working with AutoCAD
- Experience with PLS-CADD
- Experience with electrical analysis software such as SKM or E-Tap
- Preparing and submitting of permitting applications to a variety of third party stakeholders
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of Utility Geographic Information Systems (GIS) based applications
- Working in an engineering services environment
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Achievement Orientation – Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results to help others meet and exceed the organization’s standards
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner in order to recognize less obvious information
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to foster teamwork and achieve organizational goals
Using Information Technology – Using software and information technology to compliment one’s base knowledge in cases where limited information and resources are available to accomplish one's work
Resilience – Remaining energized and focused in the face of occasional ambiguity, change or strenuous work demands
Planning and Organizing – Developing, implementing, evaluating and adjusting own plans and activities to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources
Initiative – Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently by identifying the immediate action needed and seizing the opportunities that arise
Information Management – Demonstrating basic knowledge and ability and, with guidance using appropriate procedures to collect, organize, retrieve, maintain and disseminate information
Interested applicants please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.