Electrical Distribution Technologist
The MCW Group of Companies is a multidisciplinary national engineering consulting firm who have built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. Through our AGE Power Consultants division, we specialize in providing Transmission and Distribution substation and line design together with Project Management services for the utility, industrial, commercial and institutional market places.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Distribution Technologist in our Vancouver Office
Position: Electrical Distribution Technologist
Location: Vancouver, BC
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide design and construction support services to Electric Utility Clients and Developers for overhead and underground distribution projects including; new service connections, rebuilds and relocates of existing facilities, maintenance programs, customer build and system improvement projects
- Participate in diverse project teams including provincial, municipal and city road and highway departments, developers, line contractors, surveyors and other stakeholders
- Strong software skills are a key requirement, along with proficiency in mechanics of materials, applied physics and electrical theory
- Working within a variety of the drawing managements systems as determined by MCW and their clients
- Work with company and client standards as applicable
- All duties to be performed accurately and efficiently in order to deliver quality product/service on schedule
- Overtime as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma from an accredited institution or equivalent, with 2 years or more of related work experience
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the operation of Utility Geographic Information Systems (GIS) based applications
- BC Hydro DAD and Passport experience preferable
- Must possess a valid British Columbia driver’s license
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with clients and co-workers in clear, concise, and courteous fashion
- Exercise flexiblity in handling multiple assignments with changing priorities
- Knowledge of survey tools, technology and methods is preferred
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Strong attention to detail
- Team and client-focused
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- The ideal candidate demonstrates a high energy level, is motivated and a team player
It would be advantageous if the candidate has experience in:
- Preparing and submitting of permitting applications to a variety of third party stakeholders
- Working in an engineering services environment
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Achievement Orientation – Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results to help others meet and exceed the organization’s standards
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner in order to recognize less obvious information
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to foster teamwork and achieve organizational goals
Using Information Technology – Using software and information technology to compliment one’s base knowledge in cases where limited information and resources are available to accomplish one's work
Resilience – Remaining energized and focused in the face of occasional ambiguity, change or strenuous work demands
Planning and Organizing – Developing, implementing, evaluating and adjusting own plans and activities to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources
Initiative – Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently by identifying the immediate action needed and seizing the opportunities that arise
Information Management – Demonstrating basic knowledge and ability and, with guidance using appropriate procedures to collect, organize, retrieve, maintain and disseminate information
Interested applicants please apply online or send your application to email@example.com including “Electrical Distribution Technologist Vancouver” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.