Electrical Engineer in Training
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Electrical Engineer in Training to join our Winnipeg office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, team-based working environment, as well as grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry.
Position: Electrical Engineer in Training
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Primary Objective: Responsible for the development and management of assigned project work during all phases, from inception through planning, design and construction, in accordance with the project scope, schedule and budget.
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the preparation of drawings and schematics
- Coordinate with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness
- Work with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion
- Escalate resource issues to the appropriate Project Manager
- Review architectural and structural drawings
- Work with contractors and respond to technical inquiries
- Provide technical and administrative support through all phases of the project
- Help establish and promote client relationships
- Strive to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished products to clients
- Overtime as required
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field.
- Working towards obtaining Professional Engineer Designation in Manitoba
- Engineer in training with 1-2 of relevant work experience.
- New grad with relevant work experience or academic project experience related to building systems.
- Background developing construction documents using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Familiar with bid and tendering process
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience working in a team based environment
- Experience in site investigations and construction review
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- Knowledge of Canadian Engineering standards
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Excellent time management skills and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Team and customer service-focused.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
Job Specific Competencies:
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues
Client Focus – Providing service excellence with added value to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
Creativity and Innovation – Modifies current approaches to generating viable, new approaches and solutions
Initiative – Addresses current issues by dealing with situations proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
Interactive Communication – Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering two-way open communication
Legislative, Policies, Procedures & Standards – Understanding and using relevant legislation, policies, procedures and/or standards in performing one’s work
Results Management – Supervises work/projects by organizing time, work and resources to accomplish in the most effective and efficient way
Self Confidence – Demonstrating realistic trust in own abilities and confidence when challenged
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
Interested applicants please apply online or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.