Energy Engineer in Training
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Energy Engineer in Training to join our Toronto office. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate who is looking to grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry. The ideal candidate takes initiative, is interested in pursuing a career in engineering consulting and is willing to take on responsibility as his/her experience progresses.
Position: Energy Engineer in Training
Objective: The incumbent will be a key member of MCW's Energy Modelling and Building Simulation Services Department, reporting to the Partner. The successful candidate will be responsible for applying advanced tools and techniques to the evaluation of energy performance in commercial, residential and institutional buildings.
Location: Toronto, ON
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop representative simulation models of HVAC and lighting systems to accurately estimate energy consumption and demand in commercial, residential and institutional buildings
- Calculate energy consumption and demand savings associated with energy conservation measures for new and existing buildings
- Provide design feedback to architects
- Provide feedback to engineers on HVAC design and operation
- Demonstrate compliance with energy codes and standards
- Complete building permit applications
- Complete energy efficiency incentive applications on behalf of our clients
- Conduct facility site visits as required
- Develop written documentation concerning recommended facility improvement measures, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify facility improvement measure
- Evaluate, interpret, clarify and explain complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data
- Overtime as required
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in mechanical or electrical engineering or other related discipline such as Building Systems
- 1 year of relevant work experience or a combination of co-op experience and relevant academic coursework.
- Registered Engineer In Training in the Province of Ontario.
- Experience working in a consulting environment or the Energy Management field is an asset
- Experience working directly with clients
- Experience working in a team based environment with a deadline oriented culture
- Effective communication, both verbal and written, is critical for technical reporting and delivering presentations
- A self-starter with the ability to produce and implement creative and innovative solutions
- The ability to build long lasting relationships with clients and other key players
- Should have a strong understanding of mechanical and electrical building systems, energy markets, energy project implementation and the building construction process
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Asset to have eQuest, IES-VE, Trace and HAP working knowledge
- Good foundation of HVAC design and experience in building envelope, controls and commissioning would be an asset
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Client Focus – Providing service excellence to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and development needs to enhance own performance
Initiative – Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
Interactive Communication – Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication
Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them
Product Knowledge – Understanding the products and services provided
Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous work demands
Testing – Knowledge and ability to perform testing of software and/or hardware using a systematic approach
Writing Skills – Ability to communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
Interested applicants please apply online or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including “Energy Engineer in Training” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.