HVAC Design Engineer
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking HVAC Design Engineer to join our Toronto office. Located just minutes from Union Station, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career.
Position: HVAC Design Engineer
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Design of mechanical HVAC, plumbing and fire protection in healthcare, hospitality, residential (high-rise), commercial and industrial building applications.
- Evaluating and completing feasibility studies of design options including costing.
- Assuming a leadership role towards ensuring the successful completion of project deliverables.
- Representing MCW with client group and working diligently to ensure that clients’ expectations are met.
- Analysis of project needs and constraints to determine cost effective solutions.
- Ensuring professional quality services in all facets of work.
- Preparing reports, proposals and technical drawings for partners group and clients.
- Mentor technical staff; assigning duties as required.
- Analysis of complex engineering issues and problems. Implementation of timely solutions.
- Supporting other departments in growing the business
Qualifications, Experience and Education
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering Designation (P.Eng.) or Eligibility for licensing in the Province of Ontario
- 7-10+ years relevant working experience in an engineering consultancy is preferred.
- Project Management Experience a preferred asset
- LEED Accreditation an asset
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and preparation of drawings
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with architects and developers.
- Experience working in a team based environment.
- Experience leading and directing other technical staff members.
- Experience in site investigations and construction review.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Team and customer service-focused.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
Interested applicants please apply online or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.