Human Resources Coordinator
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, in an energy efficient manner. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than a decade and a half MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Human Resources Coordinator to join our Toronto office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, team based working environment.
Position: Human Resources Coordinator
Term: 12 month Contract with possibility of extension.
Location: Toronto, ON
Primary Objective: The Human Resources Coordinator, under the direction of the Human Resources Manager and the Human Resources Generalist, will be responsible for full cycle recruitment across multiple offices and business units. The incumbent will also be responsible for all daily HR administration for the Toronto office.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position include:
- Assist with the recruiting process including preparing job postings, screening incoming resumes, conducting telephone pre-screen interviews, assisting with face to face interviews, conduct employment references and preparing offer letters.
- Perform the orientation/onboarding of new hires
- Coordinate required training for employees
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date, and complete HR records
- Advise and assist departmental managers on interpretation and administration of HR policies and programs
- Respond to employee requests regarding current MCW policies and procedures and various HR related matters.
- Be an active member of the Joint Health &Safety Committee. Organize quarterly meetings, monthly inspections and ensure health and safety information is posted and up to date with the necessary legislation.
- Stay abreast on compliance requirements and industry best practices; recommend changes or modifications to existing policies and programs to remain in compliance; and adopt best practices where feasible
- Participate in professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times
- The ideal candidate has a Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or other related field and a minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience.
- A combination of related work experience and a Human Resources Co-op placement is also acceptable.
- Is working towards the Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation
- Knowledge of and exposure to all or some of the following human resources activities; recruitment, orientation, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations, and employee communications
- Strong analytical and research skills with a demonstrated understanding of how employee data translates into policies and practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with conflict diplomatically, sensitively, tactfully and professionally at all times.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated time management skills
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion
- Strong knowledge of applicable employment and health and safety legislation
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
Core Competencies for the Role:
Initiative – Ability to deal with situations proactively, persistently, and seizing opportunities that arise
Using Information Technology – Ability to use software and information technology to accomplish one’s work
Achievement Orientation – Ability to exceed expectations by focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards
Attention to Detail – Ability to work in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Teamwork – Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals while proactively assisting and involving others
Resilience – Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
Interactive Communication – Ability to listen to others and communicate articulately, fostering open and two-way communication
Client Focus – Ability to provide excellent service to internal and/or internal clients
Results Management – Ability to manage and use resources effectively to achieve planned goals
Professionalism- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and integrity when dealing with sensitive information.
Commitment to Health and Safety – dedicated to promoting employee wellness and safety through best practices and procedures.
Interested applicants please send your application to email@example.com including the position title Human Resources Coordinator in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.