Human Resources Generalist
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Human Resources Generalist to join our Human Resources team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, team based working environment.
Position: Human Resources Generalist
Primary Objective: Partnering with Managers, the Human Resources Generalist will support implementation of HR initiatives aligned to operational planning. The Human Resources Generalist will support the day to day HR needs of the Toronto office ensuring that stages in the employee life cycle are documented and aligned to organizational strategy and best practices.
- Recruits new employees using proactive recruitment strategies and takes ownership of the recruitment and selection lifecycle including preparing job postings, screening applications, conducting interviews, checking references and preparing employment agreements on behalf of the hiring Manager.
- Perform new hire orientations and work alongside hiring managers to ensure new employees are effectively integrated into the MCW work culture and environment.
- Administer and educate employees of benefits including extended health and dental, Long Term Disability and Group Matching Retirement Savings Plan.
- Manage and document all stages of the employee lifecycle from onboarding to off-boarding by maintaining human resources information and related records in Ceridian Dayforce.
- Respond to employee requests regarding current MCW policies and procedures and various HR related matters.
- Work alongside the Management team to monitor employee performance and create performance improvement plans as needed.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Manager on projects and assist with supporting the HR representatives across the country on day to day HR initiatives.
- Be an active member of the Joint Health &Safety Committee.
- The ideal candidate has a Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management or other related field with 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation or in progress.
- Knowledge of and exposure to all or some of the following human resources activities; recruitment, orientation, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations, employment law and employee communications.
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems, specifically experience with Ceridian Dayforce is an asset.
- Experience in the professional services industry is an asset.
- A self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects with tight and competing deadlines.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff, including Management and Executive.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Interested applicants please send your application to email@example.com including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.