Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities. For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Information Communication and Automation Technology (ICAT) Designer to join our Toronto office. Located just minutes from Union Station, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career.
Position: ICAT Designer
Location: Toronto, ON
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and coordinate ICAT systems including Communications Distribution, Electronic Security and Audio Visual for healthcare, hospitality, commercial, institutional and residential projects.
- Knowledge and experience of Communications Distribution shall include, but not be limited to, spacing planning, fibre and copper backbone distribution system, copper horizontal distribution system, cabinets and racks population, connecting hardware, grounding and bonding, power distribution, pathway design, Wireless Access Point (WAP) including heat map analysis, Voice over IP (VoIP) phone system, synchronized and GPS clock system, Distributed Antenna System (DAS).
- Knowledge and experience of Electronic Security system shall include, but not be limited to, CCTV system, camera field of view analysis, video analytics, access control system, intrusion detection, intercom system, nurse call system, patient wandering system, Real Time Location System (RTLS) and panic alarm.
- Knowledge and experience of Audio Visual system shall include, but not be limited to, public address, sound pressure level and acoustics analysis, video wall, digital and interactive display, projector and drop screen, field of view analysis, video conferencing, theatrical lighting and sound, assistive listening system and sound masking.
- Experience in Revit, AutoCAD and associated ICAT software.
- Complete assignments with direction from the Project Manager.
- Assist other Designers and Technicians as needed, and be responsible for work in all phases of design process.
- Follow a project the whole way through from its inception to completion.
- Coordinate with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness.
- Work with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion.
- Review architectural, interior designs and structural drawings.
- Work with contractors and responding to technical inquiries.
- Provide technical and administrative support through all phases of the project.
- Help to establish and promote client relationships.
- Strive to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished products to clients.
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering or College Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology with specialization in electrical or electronic systems.
- 2-5 years’ work experience in designing building ICAT systems using Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficiency in developing construction documents using Revit and AutoCAD.
- Familiar with bid and tendering process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with customers and client base.
- Experience working independent and in a team based environment.
- Experience in site investigations and construction review.
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Team and customer service-focused.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
Interested applicants please send your application to email@example.com including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.