Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking IT Administrator to join us. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career.
Position: IT Administrator
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicating daily technical problems and resolutions to customers, coworkers and management
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and perform daily back up for servers including email, domain controllers, print servers, VPN and routers
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products
- When required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products
- Monitor, test, and analyze e-mail system and server software activities to ensure maximum performance, efficiency and availability
- Performing periodic activities of backup procedures and storage system maintenance, virus scans and updates, and server reboots
- Seeks continuous improvement of Information Technology systems & processes
- Assists with development of quarterly updates & regional meetings.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, emails regarding PC and/or hardware problems
- Printer maintenance such as toner change and servicing
- Provide solutions to business and other related problems
- Overtime as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 – 5 years of IT experience or in a similar role for an intermediate position
- 2 – 4 years of IT experience with a combination of a university degree or college diploma for a junior position
- Candidates who do not meet the educational requirements but have extensive experience will be considered
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong prioritization skills
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Extensive knowledge and support experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit an asset
- ITIL v2011 Foundation certification considered an asset
- Proven working experience with Microsoft Windows Servers and routers
- Strong knowledge of general networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP
- Knowledge and experience with application servers such as: MS Exchange 2013, SQL, and Web servers an asset
Job Specific Competencies:
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing complex situations and information to understand issues identify options and support sound decision making
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Client Focus – Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
Decision Making – Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
Information Gathering and Processing – Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information
Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them
Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effect and efficient way
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
Infrastructure/Platforms -Knowledge and ability to support the enterprise computing infrastructure (e.g., enterprise servers, client server, storage devices and systems, hardware and software) in the provision, management, storage, operation, scheduling, support and maintenance of the infrastructure. Demonstrates solid knowledge and ability, and can apply the competency, with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations. Would require guidance to handle novel or more complex situations.
- Understands how the platform integrates with other environments.
- Participates in day-to-day operations.
- Uses performance data collection tools and techniques.
- Installs software and hardware on the platform.
- Solves routine problems such as typical hardware and software problems.
- Uses diagnostic tools to solve complex problems.
Interested applicants please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including “IT Administrator Edmonton” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.