IT Support Student
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking IT Support Student to join our Moncton office located at 77 Vaughan Harvey Blvd. This is an excellent opportunity for a student who is looking to gain valuable and relevant hands-on work experience in the industry.
Position: IT Support Student
Work Term: Four month work term beginning May 2019.
Location: Moncton Office
The Responsibilities of this job include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepping workstations for Windows 10 deployment
- Upgrading Windows 7 OS to Windows 10
- Domain machines on to the network
- Installation of user software
IT User Support:
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware and software related issues
- Receive and respond to incoming calls and emails regarding PC and/or hardware problems
- When required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end-user workstation software and networking software products
- Lifting of computer equipment and wiring of computer underneath desks
- Other duties assigned
- Provide additional support to the IT Department as needed, on an on-going basis
Experience and Education:
- Pursuing post-secondary education in a Computer Science or Information Technology or a related field
- Relevant experience in a similar role would be an asset
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting experience is required
- Working knowledge of networking tools and technologies such as IPConfig. DHCP, DNS, LAN
- Familiar with installation and setting up of Windows OS’s
- Self-Starter with good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Customer service orientated
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work in a team-based environment
- Good communication skills
Interested applicants please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title and “Moncton” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.