IT Support Technician
Since 1964, the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating, and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies helps to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking IT Support Technician to join our Toronto office. Located at the Queen’s Quay Terminal Building (within walking distance of Toronto’s Union Station), this is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable and relevant hands-on work experience in the IT industry.
Position: IT Support Technician
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this job include but are not limited to the following:
IT User Support
- Responds to user requests and provides assistance with computer systems and software applications
- Logs activities in IT Help Desk proactively follows up with users regarding open tickets, tracks problem resolution steps
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware and software related issues
- Assists with user training, answering user questions, and IT orientation and onboarding for new users
- Seeks continuous improvement of Information Technology systems & processes
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, emails regarding PC and/or hardware problems
- Printer maintenance such as toner change and servicing
- When required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products
- May require occasional lifting of computer equipment
- Other duties as assigned
IT Project Support
- Assists with Windows 10 deployment program
- Assists with Intranet and Wiki content migration
- Provides additional support to the IT Department as needed, on an ongoing basis
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in a Computer Science or Information Technology or a related field or relevant experience in a similar role
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting experience is required
- Customer service experience would be an asset
- Working knowledge of networking tools and technologies such as IPConfig, DHCP, DNS, LAN
- Familiar with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office
- Self-starter with good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment
- Desire to work in a team-based environment
Interested applicants, please send your application to email@example.com including the position title and “Toronto” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.