Intermediate Electrical Engineer / Designer
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Intermediate Electrical Engineer / Designer to join our Moncton Office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career.
Position: Intermediate Electrical Engineer / Designer
Location: Moncton, NB
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Implement the design concept through the preparation and production of drawings and schematics of electrical systems for healthcare, hospitality, commercial, institutional, residential, public and private facilities
- Prepare the concept design and complete load calculations, schematics, equipment selection and system concept report
- Coordinate with other disciplines internally as well as externally with consultants and architects to ensure drawing integrity and completeness
- Prepare the contract documents including the specifications.
- Conduct site visits during the construction phase
- Work with the field review team during the construction phase and ensure ASHRAE compliance and LEED where applicable
- Working with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion
- Update the schedule regularly as agreed to for the project
- Evaluate shop drawing reviews
- Supervising and delegating design tasks to CAD Technicians
- Working with contractors and responding to technical inquiries
- Providing technical and administrative support through all phases of the project
- Helping to establish and promote client relationships
- Coordinating with internal production teams
- Striving to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished products to clients.
- Attend site meetings and communicate directly with clients to complete the project from start to finish
- Escalate resource issues to the appropriate Project Manager
- Assist in sourcing new work and maintaining existing client base
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Professional Engineering Designation (P. Eng.) or Engineer in Training in the Province of New Brunswick
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or other relevant discipline such as Building Systems
- A minimum of 5-7 years relevant working experience
- Background developing construction documents using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Familiar with bid and tendering process
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience in multi-disciplined project coordination and management
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience working in a team based environment
- Experience in site investigations and construction review
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Require comprehensive knowledge of current engineering principles and practices, complemented with a strong knowledge of project management concepts and practices
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT would be an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Experience conducting site visits would be an asset.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Knowledge of Canadian/American Engineering standards
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented
- Team and customer service-focused
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- A valid New Brunswick Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
Job Specific Competencies:
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing complex situations and information to understand issues identify options and support sound decision making
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Client Focus – Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
Decision Making – Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
Information Gathering and Processing – Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information
Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them
Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effect and efficient way
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
Interested applicants please apply online including the position title and Moncton in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.