Intermediate Mechanical Designer
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating, and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies helps to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Intermediate Mechanical Designer to join our Vancouver office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, team-based working environment.
Position: Intermediate Mechanical Designer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Design of mechanical HVAC, plumbing and fire protection in healthcare, hospitality, residential (high-rise), commercial and industrial building applications
- Implement the design concept through the preparation and production of drawings and schematics of mechanical systems for healthcare, hospitality, commercial, institutional, residential, public and private facilities
- Coordinate with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness
- Work with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion
- Review other discipline drawings (structural, architectural, landscape, civil-external)
- Work with contractors and provide technical and administrative support through all phases of the project
- Coordinate with internal production teams and reconcile project drawings
- Overtime as required
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or another relevant discipline such as Building Systems
- Minimum 7+ years relevant working experience
- Design experience in any or all of the following areas HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems
- Background developing construction documents using AutoCAD and Revit
- Familiar with bid and tendering process
- Extensive knowledge of detailed architectural drawings and construction concepts and the ability to read and apply pertinent codes and standards
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian/Provincial and other relevant codes and standards.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience working in a team based environment
- Experience in site investigations and construction review
- P. Eng. or CET certifications would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented
- Team and customer service-focused
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible
Job Specific Competencies:
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing complex situations and information to understand issues identify options and support sound decision-making
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Client Focus – Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
Decision Making – Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
Information Gathering and Processing – Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information
Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them
Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effect and efficient way
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
Interested applicants, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title and “Vancouver” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.