Junior Electrical Engineer in Training
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of power, lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Junior Electrical EIT to join our MCW/AGE Vancouver office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry.
Position: Junior Electrical EIT
Location: Vancouver, BC
Primary Objective: For this entry level engineering position, incumbents participate as part of a team, or alone, in the design development of assigned project work during all phases, from inception through planning, design and construction, in accordance with the project scope, schedule and budget.
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Under the guidance of a Professional Engineer registered in the Province of BC, provide engineering and design services to Electric Utility Clients and Developers for overhead and underground distribution projects including; new service connections, rebuilds and relocates of existing facilities, maintenance programs, and system improvement projects
- Under the guidance of a Professional Engineer registered in the Province of BC, provide engineering, project and construction support services to Electric Utility Clients for substation expansion projects including both greenfield and brownfield developments, and commissioning support.
- Under the general direction of the responsible engineer, participate in engineering design teams, undertake studies, provide field inspection and test reports for our clients facilities.
- Prepare the concept design and complete load calculations, schematics, equipment selection, specifications, and system concept reports
- Participate on teams to coordinate with other consulting disciplines to ensure design integrity and completeness
- Work as part of a project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion
- Escalate technical issues to the responsible engineer for direction and guidance.
- Prepare drawings and provide documentation in accordance to MCW/AGE QMS and other EGBC OQM practices.
- Work with contractors, developers, clients to solve their technical issues
- Establish and promote client relationships
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of finished products to clients
- Overtime as required
- Travel to site as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-secondary Engineering or Technologist Degree from a recognized University.
- Eligible to be registered in EGBC as an EIT.
- Familiar with BC Hydro and/or Fortis design practices and standards
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience in working in a team based environment
- Must possess a valid British Columbia driver’s license
It would be advantageous if the candidate has experience in:
- Working with BC Hydro’s DAD and Passport systems.
- Working with AutoCAD
- PLS-CAD/PLS-Pole software
- E-TAP or SKM simulation analysis software
- Working in an engineering services environment
- Preparing and submitting of permitting applications to a variety of third party stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Excellent time management skills and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Team and customer service-focused.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues
Client Focus – Providing service excellence with added value to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
Creativity and Innovation – Modifies current approaches to generating viable, new approaches and solutions
Initiative – Addresses current issues by dealing with situations proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
Interactive Communication – Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering two-way open communication
Legislative, Policies, Procedures & Standards – Understanding and using relevant legislation, policies, procedures and/or standards in performing one’s work
Results Management – Supervises work/projects by organizing time, work and resources to accomplish in the most effective and efficient way
Self Confidence – Demonstrating realistic trust in own abilities and confidence when challenged
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
Interested applicants please send your application to email@example.com indicating the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.