Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
Through Mechanical and Electrical consulting engineering services, the MCW Group of Companies deliver building designs that are innovative, comfortable, and safe for a diverse client base. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking, entry level Mechanical Designer to join our Edmonton team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, team-based working environment, as well as grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry.
Position: Mechanical Designer
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Primary Objectives: Acquire mechanical buildings engineering design skills by immersion in a professional team environment.
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with state of the art software and collaborate with other firms to create, and see constructed, the essential buildings of our communities.
- Assist with the setup and development of mechanical Building Information Models (BIM) and connection to the models of other design disciplines.
- Learn to design building mechanical system elements including plumbing and HVAC and coordinate these elements into the model.
- Use and create tools to optimize the design and collaboration process.
- Help maintain and promote client relationships through highly collaborative arrangements.
- Participate in the planning of the design process.
- Actively plan your career path with support of senior mentors and continuing education opportunities.
- Have fun along the way!
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field such as Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or Building Systems Technology.
- Working towards obtaining Engineer in Training or Certified Engineering Technologist Designation in Alberta.
- 0-2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with BIM is considered a significant asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Word.
- Experience working with customers and client base.
- Experience working in a collaborative team based environment.
- Experience in site investigations and construction review is considered an asset but not a requirement.
- Able to visualize and maneuver in a virtually constructed environment.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Highly effectively communication skills both verbally and in writing in order to relay complex ideas to other technical professionals and non-technical people.
- High creativity and imagination
- Team and customer service focused.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.