Mechanical Engineering Co-op Student
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking self-motivated, hardworking mechanical engineering coop students to join our Toronto office. Located just minutes from Union Station, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry. The ideal candidate takes initiative, is interested in pursuing a career in engineering consulting and is willing to take on responsibility as his/her experience progresses.
Position: Mechanical Engineering Student
- Student will be working for MCW Consultants on more of the design aspects of engineering (Mechanical majors are preferred for this role)
Duration: 4 or 8 month co-op term with potential for extension
Start Date: September 10th, 2018
Wage: Hourly based upon skills and experience
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the design of mechanical HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems in commercial, institutional, residential, public and private facilities
- Assist Engineers and Designers with the preparation of technical drawings
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
- Assist in the gathering and analysis of information pertaining to energy usage and savings
- Participate in site visits.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Currently pursuing undergraduate studies in Engineering, preferably Mechanical
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or REVIT an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools and applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Desire to work in a team based environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
Interested applicants please send your application with the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.