Mechanical Engineering Technician
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Mechanical Engineering Technician to join our Toronto office. This is an excellent opportunity for a new graduate who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, team-based working environment, as well as grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry.
Position: Mechanical Engineering Technician
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Primary Objective: Responsible for the preparation of engineering design and drawings using AutoCAD and REVIT MEP while ensuring that design drawings conform to specifications and design data.
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the preparation of drawings, BIM models and schematics
- Coordinate with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness
- Work with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion
- Attend meetings and conduct site inspections in combination with the Project Engineer or Design Technologist
- Strive to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished products to clients
- Perform general duties as required such as printing/plotting, submitting drawings to contractor and completing mark-ups for ‘as builts’ and in turn updating MCW records
- Overtime as required
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering Technology, or a related discipline.
- Registered with OACETT and working towards obtaining Certified Engineering Technician or Technologist.
- Experience in the construction industry is an asset
- Familiarity with Revit MEP is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience working in a team based environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Team and customer service-focused.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
Job Specific Competencies:
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues
Client Focus – Providing service excellence with added value to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
Creativity and Innovation – Modifies current approaches to generating viable, new approaches and solutions
Initiative – Addresses current issues by dealing with situations proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
Interactive Communication – Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering two-way open communication
Legislative, Policies, Procedures & Standards – Understanding and using relevant legislation, policies, procedures and/or standards in performing one’s work
Results Management – Supervises work/projects by organizing time, work and resources to accomplish in the most effective and efficient way
Self Confidence – Demonstrating realistic trust in own abilities and confidence when challenged
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Consultants Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.