Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, in an energy efficient manner. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than a decade and a half MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Position: Office Coordinator
Location: Toronto, ON
Primary Objective: The Office Coordinator under the direction of the Managing Partner will be responsible for supporting and managing all office related services for multiple business units within the Toronto office.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position include:
- Acts as main point of contact for all vendors, suppliers, cleaners and property management services.
- Review, investigate and approve all supplier invoices
- Manage inventory related to offices supplies and equipment to ensure accurate procurement, storage and availability for all staff.
- Coordinate communications to staff when necessary regarding vendors, suppliers, cleaners and property management services.
- Manage corporate leased vehicles for staff use including scheduling service appointments, dealing with staff scheduling issues, license plate renewals etc.
- Maintain corporate condominium including coordination of bookings, cleanings and ensuring supplies are stocked for guests
- Sit on the Joint Health & Safety Committee and be responsible for the safety requirements of the organizations facilities and assets.
- Assist with planning, organizing and implementing staff social events
- Planning and execution of Management Meetings & Partners Meetings including organizing of venue, catering, hotel reservations and related items to ensure a successful event
- Take the lead with initiatives related to office renovations and maintenance; organize office-wide clean-ups etc.
- Address questions and/or concerns of employees
- Process professional association membership renewals (i.e. Consulting Engineers of ON, P.E.O. and other provinces)
- Coordinates travel and accommodations for staff
- Oversee and work closely with the receptionist and provide reception relief duties when required, including managing incoming calls, greeting visitors and courier arrangements.
- In times of high volume and personnel absences, the incumbent will provide back-up support to the Administrative team with document preparation in the form of memos, specifications, letters, reports, presentations etc. and provide general administrative support including data entry, filing, copying as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience in the Professional Services industry would be an asset
- Strong organizational and planning skills with prioritizing and multi-tasking abilities to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills
- Enjoys a fast paced environment and is highly professional
- Open and adaptable to providing all types of support to the office and fellow team members as required
- Good financial and business awareness.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
- Self-starter that is collaborative and takes initiative to ensure deadlines are met and drives the success of the team
- Proactively seeks out new ways to solve problems and continually demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills
- Friendly and positive attitude with a commitment to professionalism
- Exercises sound judgment at all times
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects and competing demands.
- Handles confidential information with sensitivity and tact.
Core Competencies for the Role:
Initiative – Ability to deal with situations proactively, persistently, and seizing opportunities that arise
Using Information Technology – Ability to use software and information technology to accomplish one’s work
Achievement Orientation – Ability to exceed expectations by focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards
Attention to Detail – Ability to work in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Teamwork – Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals while proactively assisting and involving others
Resilience – Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
Interactive Communication – Ability to listen to others and communicate articulately, fostering open and two-way communication
Client Focus – Ability to provide excellent service to internal and/or internal clients
Results Management – Ability to manage and use resources effectively to achieve planned goals
Professionalism- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and integrity when dealing
Interested applicants please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title Office Coordinator in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.