Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Plumbing Designer to join our Toronto office. Located just minutes from Union Station, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry.
Position: Plumbing Designer
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare construction drawings and specifications for plumbing/fire protection systems, as well as perform and direct complex design in plumbing/fire protection system design using Revit, AutoCAD
- Implement the design concept through the preparation and production of drawings and schematics of mechanical systems for healthcare, hospitality, commercial, institutional, residential, public and private facilities
- Coordinate with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness
- Work with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion
- Review other discipline drawings (structural, architectural, landscape, civil-external)
- Work with contractors and provide technical and administrative support through all phases of the project
- Coordinate with internal production teams and reconcile project drawings
- Overtime as required
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant discipline such as Building Systems
- Minimum 5+ years relevant working experience
- Design experience in plumbing, laboratory/medical gas, kitchens, fire protection, and other specialty systems for healthcare, hospitality and commercial projects
- Background developing construction documents using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Familiar with bid and tendering process
- Extensive knowledge of detailed architectural drawings and construction concepts and the ability to read and apply pertinent codes and standards
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian/Provincial and other relevant codes and standards (i.e.: OBC, ESC, CSA, IES, IEEE, NFPA)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience working in a team based environment
- P. Eng. or CET certifications and would be an asset
- LEED preferred.
- Proficiency with BIM applications preferred; Revit experience strongly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented
- Team and customer service-focused
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
Job Specific Competencies:
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing complex situations and information to understand issues identify options and support sound decision making
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Client Focus – Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
Decision Making – Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
Information Gathering and Processing – Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information
Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them
Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effect and efficient way
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
Interested applicants please apply online or send your application to email@example.com including Plumbing Designer Toronto in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.