Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Project Assistant to join our Vancouver office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, client driven, and team based environment.
Position: Project Assistant
Reporting to: Principal Engineer, MCW/AGE Power Consultants Vancouver.
Duration: full-time permanent
Location: Vancouver, BC
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the management team in coordination and document management of change order scope change requests under the new Repeatable Design and Engineering Contract with BC Hydro; communicating approvals to the design teams, and working with the accounting group to ensure appropriate recording and invoicing of work units. Other duties under RDE will be reporting monthly KPIs and issues through our contract partner, and providing project support to Team leads to meet project schedules, quality targets, and other milestones.
- Assist the Customer Build Program Manager in the preparation of customer build proposals, collection of material and labour quotations as input into these proposal, obtaining design concept drawings, and setup project tracking and document folders. Provide customer build project document management support; the incumbent will process and document client requests: Acknowledge receipt, set up project folders, request project numbers, file drawings and correspondence in correct folders, update project tracking sheets.
- Organize project folders in accordance with standard directory structure
- Prepare material and labor requisitions
- Update and monitor project tracking spreadsheets as needed, participate and report on project details during at project meetings.
- Maintain all documentation for project implementation and close-out phases.
- Prepare project completion packages including preparation and collection of signed declaration documents.
- Track the project financials; including payments made, and outstanding payments due.
- Assist the management team, project managers, and Program Manager in preparation of change orders and collection of supporting material including labour and material quotes.
- Prepare material requisitions for the Design teams to review and forward for approval.
- Package and deliver project submissions to clients.
- Compile information for progress reporting to clients and managers.
- Assist with preparation of Job Planning folders.
- Assist with acquiring permits and approvals.
- Record and distribute project meeting minutes.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports.
- Coordinate schedules and calendars for project and client meetings.
- Attend Pre-construction meetings if required.
- Assist the Customer Build Program Manager/Team Leads in project coordination activities with BC Hydro including ESO and PA requests.
- Prepare and track SRW registrations
- Coordinate and process BC 1 calls.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar position or a combination of experience and post-secondary education in Business Administration or related discipline is preferred
- The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing (English)
- Capable of multi-tasking several projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
- Works well under pressure
- Attentive to detail
- Experience in working with trades contractors
- Excellent time management skills
- Motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
- Must have a valid BC driver’s license
- Experience in BC Hydro’s Passport System as an asset
- Experience in underground utilities an asset
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must possess university entrance math skills
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner.
Interactive Communication – Listening to others and communicating articulately and effectively in demanding situations, with an ability to foster open communication.
Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effective and efficient way.
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
Initiative - Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise by addressing imminent issues or opportunities.
Achievement Orientation - Exceeds expectation by focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
Interested applicants please apply online or send your application to email@example.com including “Project Assistant Vancouver” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.