Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Proposal Coordinatorto join our Toronto office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, team based working environment.
Position: Proposal Coordinator
Primary Objective: The main responsibilities of the Proposal Coordinator include formatting and assembling customized proposals, presentations and any related documentation for our MCW Consultants team. The incumbent will work closely with the Proposal Writer, Engineers, Project Managers, Partners and other Subject Matter Experts to develop the final product. The incumbent is responsible for quality control on all documentation delivered to customers.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Formatting and assembling proposal content while providing quality assurance on proposal packages and related documents.
- Ensuring adherence to instructions and deadlines in solicitations and Requests for Information as well as unsolicited and informal proposals
- Assisting Subject Matter Experts with material development by assisting in gathering and sorting information, determining the most logical flow of material, and editing and formatting the final document
- Research and review new project opportunities using relevant websites and literature.
- Maintaining and updating a corporate library of proposal content, specialized topic material and best in class RFP responses
- Managing production, packaging and delivery process to ensure timely submission of documents
- Assisting in the development and implementation of new solutions and proposal ideas
- Providing general administrative duties including data entry and tracking, composition of letters, preparation of memos, minutes, reports, correspondence and presentations, as well as formatting of specifications.
- Performing document management tasks including filing, copying, pdfing etc.
- Maintaining an organized electronic filing systems to ensure business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation are readily available.
- Overtime as required.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role in a construction, engineering, architecture or urban planning environment is preferred.
- The ideal candidate has a degree or diploma in humanities, social science, or related discipline.
- Experience with document preparation in a professional environment is a must.
- Must possess strong technical skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at the intermediate to advanced level.
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite is preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with strong multitasking and prioritizing abilities.
- Ability to adhere to task-related procedures and standards and demonstrate flexibility in handling heavy workload with unpredictable schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent customer service related skills (internal clients)
- Strong ability to research and understand technical concepts to relay technical information accurately
- Demonstrated ability to deal with situations and issues proactively and persistently
- Able to work well independently as well as in a team setting
Core Competencies for the Role:
Initiative – Ability to deal with situations proactively, persistently, and seizing opportunities that arise
Using Information Technology – Ability to use software and information technology to accomplish one’s work
Achievement Orientation – Ability to exceed expectations by focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards
Attention to Detail – Ability to work in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Teamwork – Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals while proactively assisting and involving others
Resilience – Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
Interactive Communication – Ability to listen to others and communicate articulately, fostering open and two-way communication
Client Focus – Ability to provide excellent service to internal and/or internal clients
Results Management – Ability to manage and use resources effectively to achieve planned goals
Interested applicants please apply online or send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the position title and office location in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.