Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than a decade and a half MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Position: Proposal Writer
Location: Toronto, ON
Primary Objective: The main responsibilities of the Proposal Writer include developing and preparing responsive but customized proposals, presentations and any requests for information for our MCW Consultants team. The proposal writer will work closely with Engineers, Project Managers, Associates and Partners to develop the final product. The incumbent is responsible for quality control on all documentation delivered to customers.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position include;
- Developing clear, persuasive proposal content (written and visual) that is technically correct and clearly conveys the proposal strategy
- Ensuring adherence to RFQ/RFP requirements, Requests for Information as well as unsolicited and informal proposals
- Assisting Subject Matter Experts with material development by assisting in gathering and sorting information, determining the most logical flow of material, and editing and formatting the final document
- Providing quality assurance on formatting and content according to client specifications and corporate brand
- Assisting in the development and implementation of new solutions and proposal ideas
- Managing production, packaging and delivery process to ensure timely submission of documents
- Creating, maintaining and updating a corporate library of proposal content, specialized topic material and RFP responses
- Maintain organized electronic filing systems to ensure business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation are readily available
- Research and review new project opportunities using relevant websites and literature.
- Overtime as required.
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a technical proposal writing role in a construction, engineering, architecture or urban planning environment.
- Experience producing technical reports, proposals, or other technical documentation within the engineering, construction, or architectural industry is an asset
- The ideal candidate has a degree or diploma in Technical Writing, Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism or a related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex ideas into understandable language
- Strong ability to research and understand technical concepts to relay technical information accurately
- Must be able to handle constructive feedback necessary for clarity of proposals and publications
- Ability to adhere to task-related procedures and standards and demonstrate flexibility in handling heavy workload with unpredictable schedules and deadlines
- Excellent Writing, Communication and Organizational skills
- Must possess strong technical skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at the intermediate level to advanced level
- Must have proposal writing experience or technical writing experience.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and work quickly with others or independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and to complete tasks independently
- Demonstrated ability to deal with situations and issues proactively and persistently
- A professional, enthusiastic attitude and pleasant demeanour is a must!
Core Competencies for the Role:
Initiative – Ability to deal with situations proactively, persistently, and seizing opportunities that arise
Using Information Technology – Ability to use software and information technology to accomplish one’s work
Achievement Orientation – Ability to exceed expectations by focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards
Attention to Detail – Ability to work in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Teamwork – Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals while proactively assisting and involving others
Resilience – Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
Interactive Communication – Ability to listen to others and communicate articulately, fostering open and two-way communication
Client Focus – Ability to provide excellent service to internal and/or internal clients
Results Management – Ability to manage and use resources effectively to achieve planned goals
Interested applicants please send your cover letter, resume and a writing sample as one Pdf. document to email@example.com. Please label the document including your name, position title and office location (example: R.Smith_Proposal Coordinator Toronto.Pdf). The position title and office location must be included in the subject line of your email. Applications must be sent in the requested format.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.