Receptionist - Edmonton
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy in the form of lighting, heating, and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies helps to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Receptionist to join our Edmonton office.
Location: 2400, ATB Place, South Tower, 10020-100 Street, Edmonton, Alberta
Reports to: Manager of Business Development
Primary Objective: This position acts as the first point of contact, providing excellent customer service for visitors and incoming callers.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position include:
- Courteously meet and welcome customers and general members of the public
- Answer, screen and direct all incoming calls
- Process outgoing mail and maintain postage machine. Open, date stamp and deliver all incoming mail.
- Arranges travel for staff as required
- Responsible for meeting room schedules
- Perform administrative support tasks in periods of high volume and vacation coverages including the preparation of letters, memos, minutes, reports, and formatting of specifications.
- Other general administrative duties including data entry, filing, copying, pdfing etc.
- Order and maintain office supplies. Conducts research and makes recommendations for vendors of office supplies when necessary.
- Review and update internal telephone directory
- Monitor and ensure the reception area is kept tidy and projects a business-like image
- Maintain organized electronic filing systems to ensure business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation is readily available
- Maintains an electronic and hard copy in/out board as required. Ensures knowledge of staff in and out of worksite.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanour with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times
- Overtime as required
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in General Secretarial, Receptionist Clerk or Executive Secretary certificate program or Office Administration Program or related discipline is preferred but not required.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a receptionist role
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop positive business relationships with management, co-workers, and external contacts
- Must possess strong technical skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at the intermediate level
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality relating to activities involving duties of position
- Displays flexibility in order to respond to various administrative requests.
- Maintains good attendance and timelines
- Ability to adhere to task-related procedures and standards and demonstrate flexibility in handling heavy workload
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A professional, enthusiastic attitude and pleasant demeanour is a must!
Interested applicants, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.