Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Revit Technician to join our Winnipeg office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career.
Position: Revit Technician
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare construction drawings as directed by Project Engineer, Job Captain, and Design Technologist
- Operate computer-assisted design (Revit) and drafting workstations
- Assist with the development and preparation of design sketches
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
- Perform general duties as required such as printing/plotting, submitting drawings to contractor and completing markups for ‘as builts’ and in turn updating MCW records
- All duties to be performed accurately and efficiently in order to deliver quality product/service on schedule
- The duties and responsibilities listed above represent the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
- Overtime as required
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology, Building Systems Technology or similar programs
- The ability to demonstrate sufficient knowledge received from previous work experience in a similar position is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in REVIT and AutoCAD in any or all of the following areas: Fire Protection, plumbing, HVAC.
- Working towards CET designation in the province of Manitoba
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook)
- Experience working in an engineering or architecture services environment is preferred
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Team and client-focused
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Achievement Orientation – Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results to help others meet and exceed the organization’s standards
Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner in order to recognize less obvious information
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to foster teamwork and achieve organizational goals
Using Information Technology – Using software and information technology to demonstrate basic knowledge and ability, and with guidance, can apply the competency in common situations that present limited difficulties to accomplish one's work
Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of occasional ambiguity, change or strenuous work demands
Planning and Organizing - Developing, implementing, evaluating and adjusting own plans and activities to reach goals while ensuring the optimal use of resources
Initiative – Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently by identifying the immediate action needed and seizing the opportunities that arise
Information Management – Demonstrates basic knowledge and ability and, with guidance uses appropriate procedures to collect, organize, retrieve, maintain and disseminate information in common situations that present limited difficulties
Interested applicants please apply online or send your application to email@example.com including "Revit Technician Winnipeg" in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.