Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Sustainability Coordinator to join our Toronto office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career in the sustainability industry. The ideal candidate demonstrates a strong aptitude to learn is interested in pursuing a career in green building services and is willing to take on responsibility as their experience progresses.
The MCW Toronto office is located just minutes from Union Station and remains open to staff who require access to essential projects or resources unavailable to them remotely. While this role will begin as remote work, MCW anticipates a transition back to part-time or full-time work from office when we can safely do so.
Position: Sustainability Coordinator
Objective: The candidate will be a key member of the Energy & Sustainability Department, reporting to the Sustainability Manager . The Sustainability Coordinator supports the achievement of third-party sustainable building certifications for new and existing buildings, as well as commercial fit-outs. In this pursuit, the Sustainability Coordinator works closely with building developers, designers and sub-trades. The successful candidate may also provide support to project teams via research, technical report writing or continuing education.
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Support sustainable consulting services for New Construction, Existing Buildings and Commercial Interior projects
- Perform critical literature reviews of green building standards/rating systems to support project tasks, as required.
- Review of building design documentation to determine the feasibility for projects to achieve various sustainability standards
- Contributing to sustainability assessment reports
- Conduct site reviews and coordinate with construction managers to ensure that all measures, plans, and processes are being followed on site and in accordance with project sustainability objectives
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on creative sustainable design solutions for projects
- Coordinate with owners and consultant teams for the implementation of sustainable design criteria in all respective design and construction documents by leading design meetings and generating compliance reports.
- Provide technical support and feedback to project teams during project design, construction, and close-out
- Prepare green building-related reports and presentations
- Overtime as required
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Post secondary education in Building Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Science or a related field.
- Experience working with clients and the ability to build long lasting relationships with clients and other key players
- An understanding of building systems and the design and construction process
- The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- LEED AP or LEED Green Associate or other professional accreditation
- Experience with building energy analysis
- Registration as or eligibility for registration as an Engineer–in-Training in Ontario
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Experience working in a consulting environment or in a field complimentary to green buildings or energy management
- A basic understanding of popular sustainability standards and their application in new and existing buildings as well as commercial fit outs
- A basic understanding of mechanical and electrical building systems, energy systems and energy project implementation
- Should have an understanding of building science principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite
- General understanding of HVAC design and experience in controls and commissioning would be an asset
- Graphics/presentation experience would be beneficial
- Experience working in a team based environment with a deadline oriented culture
- A self-starter with the ability to produce and implement creative and innovative solutions
- Detail oriented and capability for strategic thinking
In order to be successful in this position, the candidate will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Creativity and Innovation: Generating viable, new approaches and solutions.
Attention to Detail: Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Client Focus: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning: Identifying and addressing learning and development needs to enhance own performance.
Analytical Thinking: Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making.
Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
Interactive Communication: Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication
Problem Solving: Identifying problems and the solutions to them
Writing Skills: Ability to communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact
Resilience: Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous work demands
Interested applicants please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title Sustainability Coordinator in the subject line.
Please include the position title and office location in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.