City of Grande Prairie Clairmont Fire Hall
MCW Hemisphere Engineering provided the mechanical and electrical engineering services for the County of Grande Prairie Clairmont Fire Hall. This 21,000 ft,2 facility is the first to be built in the Hamlet of Clairmont, which previously utilized emergency response services out of the City of Grande Prairie.
This building provides accommodations for the firefighters, three drive-through bays to house 6 fire fighting vehicles, Protective Services, Agricultural Department offices, and provisions for an Emergency Operations Centre. Beyond the vehicle bays the building contains full kitchen facilities, sleeping quarters, fitness area, locker rooms, meeting rooms, living quarters, and a number of other convenience features. A significant portion of the building was dedicated to Peace Officers/Wildlife Officials and specific County Administration departments such as Agriculture.
Key mechanical and electrical design features are as follows:
- Vehicle exhaust rail system
- 54,000 litre storm water retention tank (including piping, filters, pressure pumps, etc) used in an out building for cleaning vehicles and equipment
- In slab heating located at entrance and exit of vehicle bays to prevent freeze up
- Instantaneous hot water heating system for fire fighter shower facilities
- Breathing air tank fill station
- Radiant panels for heating of living quarters and other common space
- Chemical storage facility within wash bay including a decanting system and dedicated ventilation
- LED lighting for exterior and selective interior locations
- Communication/data infrastructure to facilitate typical operations and transition to Emergency Operations Centre when required
Re: MCW Projects Information Request
Clairmont Fire Hall
First name is required.
Last name is required.
Email is required.
Please enter valid email address.
Message is required